Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sunny Morning

Good morning from Grand Coulee, it is a beautiful morning, not to hot, no smoke this morning, suppose to be a great day. Pat surprised me and is coming home three days early, his class got cancelled so will be home today. My aunt and cousin are here from Seattle and Olympia, so had dinner last night with mom and dad and relatives. It was great to see them, and good to talk with cousin about aging parents. I had a very relaxing weekend, Lani and I went into Moses Lake on Saturday to do some shopping, were home by 5. Sunday I got up cleaned the house, went to the laundromat and washed my big rugs ( Mary you were right) they wouldn't fit in my washer.
Some of you know that we have been having trouble with our tomatoes, first Pat had purchased some seeds from TV that were suppose to grow 60#'s of tomatoes on one plant. Well the seeds arrived, I planted in the special soil and put them outside to start growing. Well we had a torrential downpour and when I got home all the seeds and soil were swimming. I did my best to drain off the excess water and decided I better bring them inside and put them on the kitchen table. I was so excited when I started seeing green starts. I watered carefully and watched them grow to about 1", I was waiting for the weekend to plant them. Came home from work and the plants had been eaten, but my cats! So then covered them and only a few survived and once again the cats ate them. Sooooooo, I finally asked Randi and Kauleen to pick up a couple of tomato plants for me and I would pick up on the 4th of July. They were beautiful plants, I got home from the 4th planted 4 plants in large pots they were beautiful. Well the wind came up very strong and they were getting battered so I moved them out on the back deck, hopefully keeping them a little out of the wind. When I woke up the next morning I had tomato leaves in nice piles on the deck, it was so weird, they were laid out so nice and neat. I didn't do anything with the stuff on the deck, and woke up the next morning with all the leaves gone. I then moved the plants out to the picnic table and thought that would work fine. Well it worked for a while and then Pat thought we should tie them up to the fence along the deck, so we moved them again and lo and behold nice piles of leaves on the ground. Pat was surprised so he thought well I'll fix this and got some chicken wire and wrapped it around the plants. We have tomatoes but nothing red yet. I got up this morning and more leaves on the ground, they open the fence and snuck in. If we ever get ripe tomatoes it will be a miracle!!!
We are heading to Pasco this weekend and helping Ryan and DeWayne with a garage sale, Randi and Kauleen should be over too, it will be fun, and make some extra money too.
Well enough rambling, gotta get ready for work. Hope everyone has a good day.
Alli

No comments: