Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday October 12,2008

We'll we had a good day of hunting on Saturday over in Coulee even though the whole area we hunt was burned this summer. Bill Simpson got a nice spike on Saturday morning about 9:30 in the morning ( he had a special tag ). Denise and I hung out all morning just watching the viewpont area, we watched some guys shoot and miss a deer then some other guys shot at the deer and missed it! After I went and weighed in at 9am (down 11 pounds in the last 2 weeks) I am now down 35 pounds since August 25th!!! Denise and I went back out to the lower river road around 10 am. Chris called on the radio and said he got a deer on the old ranch road just above Bills old camp site! Just above was about a half a mile mostly up hill. We finally found him and Denise and I drug the deer out te rest of the way. I am getting the deer cut and wrapped because Chris gave me the deer. I only had the weekend off so I didn't get a tag. So I will have nice lean meat to eat for a while. Rob, Joe, Kevin and Bob still have time to get deer. Tom, Denise, Chris and I went for a drive this morning and we saw 2 of the biggest bucks I have ever seen. Last night I had five bucks on the hill behind us. There seems to be lots of deer around and the burned area already has fresh sage growing back. I think we will have a great year next year. We had a big Spaghetti dinner last night and it was great. Bill and Kevin went home today and will be back in November to use Kevin's Doe tag. I hope Rob gets one this week.

Allison is heading over on Thursday and we will go stay and visit with Tom and Mary on Saturday. The girls can do the shopping thing and Tom and I can hang out. It was good to have Tom over and he is doing much better.

I will fill you in on other stuff later.

Pat

1 comment:

Cori's Stories said...

35 pounds!! That is so amazing!!! I am so proud of you!!